Triple Chocolate Protein Mini Muffins
Do you get chocolate cravings? I do and instead of devouring a box of chocolate cookies, I make these mini muffins.
They fulfill my craving but have protein, antioxidants (hello cacao!) and no added sugar. You can eat foods that are delicious AND fulfill your goals while feeling amazing!
- 1 banana, mashed (about 115g)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup chocolate plant based protein (I used Tone It Up Chocolate available at Target)
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or coconut water or water - enough liquid to mix batter)
- 2 Tbs. Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips (stevia sweetened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 stevia drops
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mash banana, egg whites, vanilla and stevia together. You can also blend these ingredients in a food processor or blender for a super smooth batter. Stir in protein powder, cocoa powder and almond milk until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spray mini-muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each tin with batter (will make 12 mini muffins.) Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. When a toothpick inserted comes out clean, they are done.
Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Then gently remove by running a knife around edges of muffins and they will lift out.
Store in fridge for 4-5 days.
Macros per mini muffin: Calories: 62 Carbs: 6g Fat 1.5g Protein: 7g